SANCTUARY BROUGHT LOW
SANCTUARY BROUGHT LOW
2. It threw some of the starry host down to earth.
3. It trampled on them.
4. It set itself up as great as the Prince of the host (Jesus Christ: Acts 5:31)
5. It took away the daily sacrifice from Jesus.
6. The place of the sanctuary was brought low.
7. The daily sacrifice was given over to it.
8. Truth was thrown to the ground.
In 1844 the Court of the Universe was seated, much like the U.S. Supreme Court taking its seat to hear a case. Every recording angel who had attended a person on earth brought his book to that court. “A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before Him. Thousands upon thousands attended Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.” Daniel 7:10. In the Hebrew the sense of this verse is One coming into a mighty hall where all the angels had been waiting for Him. Then as He entered, they all stood up. After the One came to His place, the angels then sat down and court was in session. Now let’s go back up and take a look at what is being judged.
2. Throwing some of the starry host (saints) down is symbolic of the persecution that would take place. Righteous people are called saints. We belong to the family of God. The worldly churches are trying to cast us down from our high calling and make us “sinners” as they are. Trying to keep us from the power of Jesus that purifies and cleanses us.
3. It (the established church) trampled on them. During the 1260 years that the Catholic Church ruled the world, it killed over 75 million people. Persecution will again arise by the “Christian” churches against the saints of God who keep His Ten Commandments. Churches are suing other churches. Trampling truth. They do not teach the teachings of Jesus. 4. The churches have set themselves up as our savior. They teach their pagan teachings as the teachings for eternal life. They have set themselves up in place of God and Jesus Christ, the Way the Truth and the Life. This is now all churches, including the Sabbath keeping churches.
5. The worldly churches take away the daily sacrifice of Jesus by making it of none effect. They tell you that you can go on sinning, and it is OK because Jesus died and His blood covers us. NO! You must not crucify the Son of God all over again and subject Him to public disgrace. His death will not save you, nor His blood cover you if you do not obey Him and stop sinning and become perfect as He is through His power. He died to give us the power to conquer sin in our lives right now!
6. The teachings of the truths of the sanctuary have been brought low and are almost forgotten by the worldly churches. They don’t want you to know that your sins will be brought up in judgment. They fight the truths of God to pacify you and teach you “peace, peace” when there is no peace. Have you confessed all your sins and turned away from them? You must. Your name may come up at any moment now in the Court of the Universe. What will be the outcome? Will you be able to stand in the assembly of the righteous, perfect, sinless people? Or not?
7. The daily sacrifice was given over to it because it has taken it and perverted it. You don’t need Jesus any more. All you need is “speaking in tongues” and to “claim the name” or go to a “praise” worship to be saved. But that is not what Jesus teaches. You must daily die to self and to sin and live daily, the righteous, perfect sinless life of Jesus.
So how did God bring the attention of the world to His temple and the cleansing, reconsecrating, that was going on? He sent the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14:6, 7.