Revelation: Seven Seals
Revelation Seven Seals
FIRST SEAL: AD 31 to AD 100
- White horse
- Given crown, bow and rode out to conquer
SECOND SEAL: AD 100 to AD 313
- Fiery red horse
- Power to take peace from the earth
- Make men slay each other
THIRD SEAL: AD 313 to AD 538
- Black horse
- Rider holding pair of scales
- Selling wheat and barley, oil and wine
FOURTH SEAL: AD 538 to AD 1517
- Pale horse
- Rider named death
- Power to kill by sword, famine and plague and wild beasts
FIFTH SEAL: AD 1517 to 1755
- Souls under the altar slain because of the Word of God
- How long before judgment?
- Wait a little longer
SIXTH SEAL: AD 1755 to present and beyond
- A great earthquake: November 1, 1755 was the greatest earthquake ever recorded or known to man. “In 1755 much of Lisbon was destroyed in one of the most disastrous earthquakes known in Europe.”* This earthquake shook a third of the earth. It was felt as far away as England and into Africa and Eastern Europe.
- The sun turned black and the moon turned blood red: May 19, 1780 is what is known in the encyclopedias as the Great Dark Day. Along the Eastern Seaboard in New England, by 11 a.m. it was so dark you could not see candlelight in front of your nose. At about 11 p.m. that night, it cleared up and the moon was blood red.
- Stars fell to Earth: November 13, 1833 was the greatest meteoric shower ever to be seen from Earth. For hours the stars by the billions fell to the Earth. You can read about these in the encyclopedias and newspaper accounts.